January 29, 2024 11:00 AM
Notice of Public Meetings - February 2024
PUBLIC NOTICE FOR FEBRUARY 2024
Notice of Public Meetings and Public Comment Opportunities related to the
Greater Nashville Regional Council (GNRC) and its Boards and Committees
Notice is hereby given that the following will meet during regular sessions for the purposes of considering and transacting business on behalf of GNRC and its membership.
• Transportation Coordinating Committee (TCC) – The committee will meet at GNRC offices, 44 Vantage Way, Suite 450, Nashville, TN 37228 on February 7 at 10:30 a.m. to develop recommendations for the Transportation Policy Board.
• Transportation Policy Board (TPB) – The board will meet in conjunction with the TCC at GNRC offices, 44 Vantage Way, Suite 450, Nashville, TN 37228, on February 7 at 10:30 a.m. to conduct business related to regional transportation plans of the Nashville Area Metropolitan Planning Organization.
• Aging Advisory Committee – The committee will meet at GNRC offices, 44 Vantage Way, Suite 450, Nashville, TN 37228 on February 8 at 10:00 a.m. to develop recommendations for the Regional Council.
• Regional Council – The council body will meet at the Tennessee State Library and Archives, 1001 Rep. John Lewis Way, Nashville, TN 37219 on February 21 at 10:15 a.m. to conduct business on behalf of its local government members.
• Board of Directors – The Board will meet at GNRC offices, 44 Vantage Way, Suite 450, Nashville, TN 37228 on February 13 at 10:00 a.m. to conduct business on behalf of the Regional Council.
• Mid-Cumberland Area Development Corporation (MADC) – The MADC Board of Directors will meet at GNRC offices, 44 Vantage Way, Suite 450, Nashville, TN 37228 on February 1 and 15 at 10:30 a.m. MADC is designated by the SBA as a certified development company. Any portion of MADC business related to its work on behalf of GNRC's revolving loan fund will be open to the public and will have an opportunity for public comment.
Further notice is given that the most up-to-date information about these and other public meetings is posted online at www.gnrc.org. Please check the website or call 615-862-8828 for the latest information about public meeting times and locations or other items of public notice.
Opportunities for Public Comment
GNRC provides an opportunity for public comment as part of the regular agenda for in-person meetings of public bodies. Those wishing to provide comments must be in attendance and will be asked to approach the podium by the chair of applicable boards or committees as listed on meeting agendas. Comments may also be submitted at any time in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Emailed comments will be reviewed by staff but will not be read or distributed at the public meeting.
In addition, GNRC is seeking public review and comment on the following item(s) being considered for approval in September. Items will be posted for review at https://www.gnrc.org/PublicNotices.
• Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) – A public hearing to consider amendments to the TIP is scheduled in conjunction with the TPB meeting on February 7. The TIP is a federally required document that includes all regionally significant and federally funded transportation projects planned for Davidson, Maury, Robertson, Rutherford, Sumner, Williamson, and Wilson counties through September 30, 2026. In addition, the TIP satisfies the public participation requirements for the program of projects for WeGo Public Transit, the Franklin Transit Authority, and the Murfreesboro Rover.
• Annual Update to the Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) – The CEDS is a five-year strategy, required by the U.S. Economic Development Administration that establishes regional goals and objectives for economic and community development across 13 counties in Middle Tennessee. Written comments will be accepted through 4:30 p.m. CST on February 20. Comments may also be presented in-person at the February 21 meeting of the Regional Council.