August 20, 2021 4:00 PM
Notice of Public Meetings - September 2021
PUBLIC NOTICE FOR SEPTEMBER 2021
Notice of Public Meetings and Public Comment Opportunities related to the Greater Nashville Regional Council (GNRC) and its Boards and Committees
Public Meetings: Notice is hereby given that the following will meet during regular sessions for the purposes of considering and transacting business on behalf of the GNRC and its membership.
• Transportation Coordinating Committee (TCC) – The TCC will meet at the Downtown Nashville Public Library, 615 Church St, Nashville, TN 37219 on Sept. 1 at 10:30 a.m. for the purposes of developing recommendations to be considered by the Transportation Policy Board.
• Mid-Cumberland Area Development Corporation Board of Directors (MADC) – A federally-recognized Certified Development Company administered by GNRC will at 220 Athens Way, Suite 200, Nashville, TN 37228 on Sept. 2 and Sept. 16 at 10:30 a.m. to conduct regular business related to the approval of small business loans backed with federal resources.
• Finance and Personnel Committee (F&P) – The F&P will meet at 220 Athens Way, Suite 200, Nashville, TN 37228 on Sept. 7 at 10:00 a.m. for the purposes of developing recommendations to be considered by the Regional Council’s governing body.
• Transportation Policy Board (TPB) – The TPB will meet at Downtown Nashville Public Library, 615 Church St, Nashville, TN 37219 on Sept. 15 at 10:15 a.m. to conduct business related to regional transportation policy and plans of the Nashville Area Metropolitan Planning Organization.
• Regional Council Body – The Council will meet at the George Jones Museum and Restaurant, 128 Second Ave N, Nashville, TN 37201 on Sept. 22 at 10:30 a.m. to conduct business on behalf of GNRC membership.
Further notice is given that the most up-to-date information about public meetings is posted online at GNRC.org. Please check the website or call 615-862-8828 for the latest information about public meeting times and locations or other items of public notice.
Documents for Public Review
GNRC is seeking public review and comment on the following items. Comments may be submitted in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the document name in the subject line. Items will be posted for review at https://www.gnrc.org/PublicNotices.
• Amendments to the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) – The TIP is a short-range program of grants made available to roadway and transit projects across the Nashville metropolitan area from the Federal Highway Administration and Federal Transit Administration. The TIP satisfies the public participation requirements for the program of projects for WeGo Public Transit, the Franklin Transit Authority, and the Murfreesboro Rover. Comments will be accepted from Sept. 2 through the public hearing scheduled in conjunction with the TPB meeting on Sept. 15.
• Update to the Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) – The CEDS is a five-year strategy, required by the U.S. Economic Development Administration, that establishes regional goals and objectives for economic and community development across 13 counties in Middle Tennessee. Comments will be accepted from Aug. 23 through the public hearing scheduled in conjunction with the Council meeting on Sept. 22.